Fogdog Easy Beer Batter, Perfect Fritter Mix, Panko Breadcrumbs Gluten Free Tempura Batter and Gluten free breadcrumbs are made in New Zealand from local and imported ingredients.
Our Easy Beer Batter contains wheat flour, maize corn flour, raising agent (500, 450) and natural flavourings. It doesn’t contain egg or milk products and traces of nuts.
Our Perfect Fritter Mix contains wheat flour, milk protein, maize corn flour, raising agents (500, 450) and natural flavourings. It doesn’t contain egg products and traces of nuts.
Our Premium Panko Breadcrumbs contain wheat flour, water, yeast, salt, glucose, Improver (wheat flour, Canola oil, four conditioners (300, 516), enzymes). It doesn't contain egg products or traces of nuts.
Our Tempura Batter contains maize starch, rice flour, thickener (464), raising agents (450, 500), salt and mineral salt (508). It doesn't contain gluten.
Our Gluten Free Breadcrumbs contains Rice Flour, Tapioca Starch, Water, Stabiliser (412, 466), Raising Agents (500, 541, 450), Salt. It doesn't contain Gluten.
Fogdog Easy Beer Batter is healthier than takeaway fish’n chips
Nearly half of all Kiwis enjoy takeaway fish’n chips every month. With Fogdog Easy Beer batter you can DIY your own fish’n chips and they’re better for you:
- Shallow fry not deep fry
- We recommend Rice Bran oil
- A proven fact – a batter that uses beer reduces the amount of oil absorption by the fish by almost 40%. It also keeps the fillets moister than batters made with water. (Auckland University Study 2001).
- No ‘blahh’ feeling
Why cooking with beer is so good:
When using beer as an ingredient the alcohol burns off. The malt and hops add subtle flavour and is the reason our Easy Beer Batter and Perfect Fritter Mix delivery the tastiest, perfect meal every time. The bitterness of the hops and sweetness of the malt combine to enhance the end result .
- The bitterness of hops is like a squeeze of lemon – it counters oiliness
- Yeast combines with our batter and fritter mixes to make a creamy, light and fluffy batter and results in perfect crispiness
- No need to flour fish – beer binds the batter
- Less oil absorption
- Different beers to impart different flavour
If you don’t have beer, soda water or lemonade can be used as an alternative but only if you are desperate!