FREE SHIPPING for all orders of 4 or more items!
Note: We are transitioning into our new packaging! (Pictured). Orders sent during the month of June might be fulfilled with our original packaging.
Fogdog’s Easy Beer Batter was created to make it easier than ever to cook and enjoy fresh fish or seafood, without the hassle of DIY batters and coatings. We’ve come up with a product that’s simple to use, tastes great, and requires little to no experience in the kitchen (some experience with a fishing rod necessary).
So here you have it, a perfect pouch of pre-measured batter, ready to use and guaranteed to make any fresh fish taste damn good. Once you try it, you’ll be hooked!
WE MAKE BATTERING EASY:
- No flouring fish/seafood
- No finicky measuring of ingredients -- just add beer!
- No waiting time for the batter to react
- Works best with shallow frying, which is healthier for you
- Results in a light, crunchy batter every time!
CHOOSE BETWEEN TWO FLAVOURS:
You won’t be able to get enough of it. A classic beer batter taste that everyone will love.
Our Original Beer Batter but with a squeeze of lemon and a hint of pepper added to it. Zingy and tasty -- for those who like a bit more bite for their buck.
- Empty 95g of Easy Beer Batter into a bowl.
- Mix with enough beer until thick and smooth (that’s about 130ml). That leaves plenty of beer – you know what to do.
- Cut the fish fillets into pieces and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Heat at least 4mm of oil in a non-stick frypan until very hot.
- Add fish fillets to the batter and then into the frying pan, cooking until golden brown and crispy either side. Beauty!
- For best results, we recommend using a cooking oil like rice bran oil. It has a higher burn point and doesn’t flavour the fish like olive oil does. Make sure there is enough oil in the pan to get under the batter for the best results.
- The oil temperature needs to be hot! Test by dropping some batter in before you add your fillets/protein. If cooking with low-temperature oils like olive or canola, take care! Don’t overload the pan as this will lower the overall temperature and affect the result.
- When you add beer, the malt and hops add flavour to the batter, while the actual alcohol burns off during cooking. Frying with beer batter also reduces oil absorption versus using standard water-based batters.
- A non-stick frying pan is ideal. For cast iron frying pans you will have to use more oil; get the pan very hot and move the battered fish around slightly when you first place it in the pan to get the oil under it.
- Cut your fish into pieces. It will cook better this way and are easier to manage.
- To keep your fish crunchy, use an oven rack to place the cooked fish on (not paper towels) and place in the oven warming draw until ready to eat.
- You can use any beer you like! Experiment with different beers and send us your feedback!