Classic Beer Battered Fish
95g Easy Beer Batter (Original or Lemon Pepper)
4 x Tarakihi fish fillets
130ml beer (or soda water)
Rice Bran oil
- In a medium-sized bowl, add measure of Fogdog Easy Beer Batter and 130ml beer or soda water. Mix until your batter has a thick and smooth consistency.
- Cut your fish fillets into smaller sized pieces (which are quicker and easier to cook, and look good on the plate!).
- In a non-stick pan with high sides, add Rice Bran oil to about 4cm deep. Heat the oil.
- When the oil has come to temperature (you can test this by dropping a tsp of batter in and it should sizzle up immediately), dip your fish fillets into the batter and carefully place into the oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden and crispy. Be careful not to overload the pan as this will lower the temperature of the oil and your fish won't be as crispy.
- Serve your fish with chips, salad, lemon wedges and classic tomato sauce. Perfect every time.
Recipe by Mikaela Nelson @fluentinveg