Tempura Eggplant Chips
GF Tasty Tempura Batter
One large eggplant
130ml of beer
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil for frying
- Cut one large eggplant into thick lengths (like large fries).
- Place in a strainer set over a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Rinse the eggplant under cold water and then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Add 130ml of chilled water to approximately half a packet (95g) of Tasty Tempura Batter. Mix until thick and smooth.
- Heat enough oil in a frying pan to float the eggplant chips. Dip the eggplant into the batter, and batch fry in hot oil.
As an extra bonus, whip up a dipping sauce: Combine 1 cup greek yoghurt, 1 clove garlic crushed and 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill.