One large eggplant
130ml of beer
Fogdog Original Easy Beer Batter
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil for frying
- Cut one large eggplant into thick lengths (like large fries).
- Place in a strainer set over a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Rinse the eggplant under cold water and then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Add 130ml of beer to approximately half a packet of Fogdog Original Easy Beer Batter. Mix until thick and smooth.
- Heat enough oil in a frying pan to float the eggplant chips. Dip the eggplant into the batter, and batch fry in hot oil.
This recipe is fantastic – it completely changes the eggplant and it becomes quite creamy.
As an extra bonus you might want to whip up a dipping sauce: Combine 1 cup greek yoghurt, 1 clove garlic crushed and 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill.