1 x 95g sachet of fog dog original batter
2x teaspoons of dried yeast
6 x 1 cm dark chocolate pieces (you can use chocolate buttons or block)
1 punnet fresh raspberries (any fresh berries can be used)
150ml double cream
120 g caster sugar for dusting
1.5ltr rice bran oil
- Place one whole 95g sachet of fog dog original batter in a bowl and two teaspoon of dried yeast and one teaspoon of caster sugar, mix dry ingredients together.
- Warm 90 mls of milk in micro wave for twenty seconds only (milk must only be lukewarm if to hot it will kill the yeast and your doughnut want rise )
- Add lukewarm milk to dry ingredients and stir till smooth
- Place batter in a warm place for ten to fifth teen mins until the mixture bubbles.
- Heat your oil to approx. 160c. The best way to check your temperature add a small amount of batter to the oil it should turn golden brown within 30 seconds turn your frying pan down to moderate heat.
- Place the chocolate into batter with a spoon and cover with batter evenly, with a dessert spoon lift chocolate piece out with a good covering of batter with a second spoon carefully slide into hot oil turning gently for approx. 6 mins( if the doughnut is browning too quickly turn down the heat as batter will not be cook right through.)
- Remove doughnut with slotted spoon and drain then roll in caster sugar
- Cool slightly and serve warm with raspberries and double cream
This is a favourite for my chefs at the restaurant can’t make them quick enough !!.
Recipe provided by Paul Breheny The Hook and the Cook