Fogdog Gluten Free Tempura
Ice-cream of your choice
Soda water or water (tip for tempura - water has to be icy cold so put ice cubes in)
Rice bran oil or other oil
- Peel banana
- Prepare your Gluten Free Tempura - mix measure of tempura batter with iced water / soda water until it's the consistency of runny cream. It should fall completely off your whisk.
- Heat oil at high temperature - fill enough oil into your pan / wok to float your ingredients
- Test the oil with a little batter to ensure its very hot.
- Dip banana into tempura batter and fry. This will cook very quickly, within approximately 1 minute. When the batter turns pale gold it's ready.
- Let oil drain before serving.
- Serve this with Ice-cream and berries. sprinkle icing sugar on banana.
- Don't cook too much at one time.
- Use very cold water when making the batter and mix the batter immediately before frying.
- If your batter isn't fluffy and crispy when cooked, add more water to the mixture.