Fogdog Gluten Free Tempura
Salad of your choice
Soda water or water (tip for tempura: water has to be icy cold so put ice cubes in the water)
Rice bran oil or another oil of your choice
- Peel your prawns and set aside on a paper towel to dry.
- Prepare your salad.
- Prepare your Gluten Free Tempura - Mix measure of Tempura Batter with iced water / soda water until the consistency of runny cream. It should fall completely off your whisk.
- Heat oil at high temperature - fill enough oil into your pan / wok to float your ingredients.
- Test the oil with a little batter to ensure it's very hot.
- Pat prawns dry with a paper towel, dip into tempura batter and fry. This will cook very quickly, approximately 1-2 minutes. When batter turns pale gold it's ready.
- Let oil drain before serving.
- Don't cook too much at one time.
- Dry your ingredients completely before battering.
- Use very cold water and mix the batter immediately before cooking
- If your batter isn't fluffy and crispy when cooked, add more water to the mixture.