600 grams large Prawns (peel and deveined, and butterflied if you choose)
4 cups water
1 ½ cups corn starch
1 bag of Fogdog Panko bread crumbs
¾ teaspoon onion powder
Rice Oil (for shallow frying)
1/4 cup soy sauce 2 tablespoons orange blossom honey
2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl mix water, cornstarch and eggs. On a plate or using a shaker bag mix Fogdog Panko breadcrumbs and onion powder.
- Dip the prawns into the cornstarch mixture until completely coated and then roll them in the Fogdog Panko mixture. Stir the cornstarch batter, and then dip the prawn back into the mixture and roll in Fogdog Panko once more.
- Shallow fry Prawns in rice oil in batches turning prawns once until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Whisk together soy sauce, honey, ginger, sesame oil and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.
- Serve with boiled rice and Chilli Soy sauce