Fogdog Gluten Free Tempura Batter
Soda water or water (tip for tempura - water has to be icy cold so put ice cubes in water)
Rice bran oil or other oil
1. Steam you Broccoli (don't fully cook it, I Steamed this only for a minute) drain water and make sure Broccoli is as dry as possible before dipping them into Tempura Batter.
2.Use a wok, ideally with a draining tray. Fill with enough oil to float the ingredients. Heat the oil to a high temperature.
3. Place ice cubes into a small jug of water. Let stand for a while. Mix a measure of tempura batter with iced water until it's the consistency of runny cream. It should fall completely off your whisk.
4. Slice broccoli and place your broccoli into the batter.
5. Test the oil with a little batter to ensure it’s very hot.
6. Carefully lower ingredients into oil. Don’t over crowd.
7. These will cook very quickly (within approximately 1 minute). When batter turns pale gold it’s ready.
8. Let oil drain from the cooked tempura before serving.
9. Regularly remove “floaties” from the hot oil in between batches. Add salt / Pepper and serve.