Apple Slaw & Crispy Fish Sliders
Makes 6 Sliders or 2 light plates
95 g Easy Beer Batter (Original or Lemon Pepper). Use Tempura batter for gluten free alternative, cook as per packet directions.
130 mls of chilled beer - preferably lager. Or chilled water if using Tempura Batter.
400g fresh fish fillet such as hoki portioned into 6 pieces
BBQ or tomato sauce of choice
Oil for frying
Slider buns of choice
2 cups shredded green cabbage
1 1/2 cups shredded red cabbage
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1 Granny Smith apple, julienned
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Start by making the slaw. In a large bowl, combine the green cabbage, red cabbage, carrot and apple.
- In another bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture over cabbage mixture and stir using a rubber spatula until well combined. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Now for the fish. Place 95g of Easy Beer Batter into a mixing bowl. Add the chilled beer and mix until smooth.
- Heat oil for deep frying and when at 180C coat fish in batter and cook in oil till done, about 2-3 minutes.
- Slice slider buns and place some slaw on the base, add a fish piece. Top with sauce of choice and the apple slaw before placing slider lid on. Devour straight away.