Beer Battered Onion Rings
40g Easy Beer Batter Original
1 large onion
1/4 cup flour
60ml beer or soda water
- Cut your onion in half and then into slices about 1/2 inch thick. Separate the slides into rings and set aside.
- Add 4cm of cooking oil to a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add approx. 40g of Easy Beer Batter. Pour in 60ml of beer or soda water and whisk until smooth.
- In a small bowl, add 1/4 cup plain flour. Take each onion ring and coat evenly in the flour. Dunk flour-coated onion rings into the beer batter mixture before adding directly to the hot oil. Be sure not to overcrowd the pan when cooking.
- Fry the onion rings for around 2 minutes each side, or until golden brown. Place onion rings onto a cooling rack set over paper towels to drain excess oil. Serve in a bowl or add to burgers. Delicious!
Image by Mikaela Nelson @fluentinveg