Crab Cakes with Roasted Pepper Aioli
1 1/4 cups Premium Panko Breadcrumbs
Shelled cooked crab
1/4 cup finely diced celery
1/4 cup minced fresh chives
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 large egg
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
Roasted Pepper-Chive Aioli (recipe follows)
Fresh chives, rinsed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- Sort through crab and discard any bits of shell.
- In a large bowl, combine celery, minced chives, mayonnaise, egg, mustard, and hot sauce; mix well with a fork. Add crab and 1/4 cup Premium Panko; stir gently.
- Pour remaining 1 cup Panko into a shallow bowl.
- Shape crab mixture into 24 cakes, each about 2 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick. Turn each cake in the Panko to coat on all sides, pressing gently to make crumbs adhere. Place cakes slightly apart in an oiled baking pan.
- Bake in a 220° regular oven until golden brown -- 15 to 18 minutes. With a spatula, transfer crab cakes to a platter. Spoon a dollop of Roasted Pepper-Chive Aioli onto each cake. Garnish platter with fresh chives. Serve hot.
Roasted Pepper & Chive Aioli:
- In a small bowl, mix 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup chopped drained canned roasted red peppers, 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon minced garlic. Makes about 1/2 cup.