Gluten Free Cauliflower Bites
Premium Gluten Free Breadcrumbs
1 head cauliflower
Rice Bran oil (4cm shallow frying)
1/2 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
2 tsp crushed garlic
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 cup fresh coriander (chopped)
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 x free-range eggs
2 Tbsp fresh chives (chopped)
3 Tbsp water
Yoghurt Dipping Sauce
125g greek yoghurt (1 pottle)
5 slices of cucumber (diced)
5 mint leaves (chopped)
1 Tbsp maple syrup
- In a medium-sized shallow dish, add all of the cauliflower marinade ingredients and whisk well.
- Wash and cut the cauliflower head into bite-size florets and add them to the marinade. Mix the cauliflower around making sure to coat each side. Place the dish into the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- On a plate, make a bed of breadcrumbs.
- Make sure each of the cauliflower pieces are fully coated in the cauliflower marinade before dipping into the breadcrumbs. Place crumbed cauliflower florets onto a sheet of baking paper.
- In a frying pan with straight sides that are at least 2 inches tall, add the rice bran oil and heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add in the cauliflower (gently does it! Add them in piece by piece) and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until crispy and golden. Try not to overcrowd the pan during this step.
- Once cooked, remove the cauliflower bites using a spider strainer, and place onto a cooling rack set over a chopping board lined with paper towels.
- To make the dip, add the yoghurt, diced cucumber, mint and maple syrup to a small bowl and stir well.
- Sprinkle a little salt over the cooked cauliflower and enjoy by dipping into the yoghurt dip.
Recipe by Mikaela Nelson @fluentinveg