Lemon Pepper & Chilli Popcorn Oysters with Garlic Mayo
Easy Beer Batter (Lemon Pepper)
130ml chilled beer
2 dozen oysters
Fresh herbs like dill and/or parsley
2 x red chilli’s (de-seeded and finely diced)
A couple rashers of bacon
2 x cloves garlic (crushed)
2 x egg yolks
1 x teaspoon seeded mustard
8mls lemon juice
250mls oil vegetable
Salt & pepper
- Blend together all mayo ingredients. Set aside.
- Place half a packet, or about 95g, of Easy Beer Batter Lemon Pepper into a mixing bowl. Add measure of beer (or until the consistency is thick and smooth) and stir to combine.
- Fill a frying pan with enough oil to cover about 60% of the oyster.
- Dip the oysters into the beer batter mixture.
- Fry for a couple of minutes until cooked through and golden.
- Fry up your bacon in a separate pan until crispy and then roughly chop.
- Plate up the oysters, topped with chilli, bacon, mayo and herbs.