Prawn & Pineapple Rice Paper Rolls
Serves: 7 rolls
Gluten free, dairy free
Gluten Free Shake & Bake
21 raw prawns
Oil (for frying)
8 rice paper roll sheets
1/2 cup red cabbage
1 packet vermicelli noodles
1/2 bunch coriander
2 pineapple rings
2 Tbsp sesame oil
3 Tbsp tamari soy sauce
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp worcester sauce
1/2 tsp garlic crushed
1/2 tsp ginger crushed
1 tsp sesame seeds
- Add Shake & Bake Coating Mix to a resealable bag or container.
- Remove the tail shells from the prawns and add the prawns to the Shake & Bake bag/container. Shake well until fully coated.
- Prep your other ingredients by slicing the carrot in half lengthways and then into matchstick stripes.
- Chop up the coriander and cut your pineapple into chunks.
- In a medium-sized pan, heat a little cooking oil on high heat and cook the prawns for 1-2 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Cook your vermicelli noodles according to packet instructions, drain, and set aside.
- Set up a wrapping station with the dry rice paper sheets, a shallow dish of water, the ingredients fillers and a large clean chopping board.
- Take a rice paper sheet and dip it into the water for 2 seconds before placing it on your chopping board.
- In the middle, a little closer towards you on the rice paper sheet, add the carrot, cabbage, noodles, coriander, pineapple and 3 prawns.
- Squeeze a little lime juice over the top.
- To wrap, grab the rice paper edge closest to you and fold it over the top of the ingredients. Fold in the right side and left sides and then roll the rest up in the direction away from you.
- Once all of your rolls are wrapped, add the dipping sauce ingredients to a small bowl and mix well.
- Enjoy by dipping your rice paper rolls into the sauce.
Recipe by Mikaela Nelson @fluentinveg